The UCT Board Course offer access to a team of highly reputable and leading Accounting academics. Working closely with SAICA, the Team has the advantage of knowing exactly what SAICA requires and will help you meet their expectations.
To successfully complete the APC, it is important that you are well prepared and understand what will be required of you. The UCT Board Course Team will explain the format of the exam and talk you through the process making sure that you are adequately prepared to excel and do well.
Benefits to Trainee Accountants
- Receive guidance from leading subject academics from the UCT College of Accounting
- Work in partnership with the leading online educating company, GetSmarter
- Take advantage of internet and mobile technologies to study
- Flexibly manage your study time
- Re-watch videos to thoroughly understand key concepts
- Balance your work and study responsibilities
- Study at your own pace at a time convenient to you
- Focus on the areas you feel you need more understanding
- Debate in forum discussions with peers and presenters
- Access your course materials from anywhere, at any time and on any device
- Receive pro-active support from your dedicated Course Coordinator
- Complete online assignments to track your progress
- Receive guidance on how best to prepare for writing the APC
- Practise for the Board Exam in a simulated environment to ensure that you are familiar and comfortable with the exam conditions
- Understand the importance of pervasive skills and how to apply these
- Learn how to identify issues and answer “required” sections
- Access best practice tips for the exam
- Get guidance on what to include in the file that you may take into the exam
- Discover how to make use of your time effectively
- Understand how marking will take place according to a competency scale
Participating in the UCT Board Course will enable you to tick off each of the benefits listed above, providing you with the confidence that you are ready to write the most important exam of your career.