APC Professional Programme
If you are a Repeat Trainee and still wish to register for our programme, please contact us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome from the Head of the College of Accounting
As Head of the College of Accounting at UCT, I am delighted to welcome you to our UCT APC
Professional Programme. Our programme embodies the vision of the College of Accounting which is 'to
be a centre of excellence in professional accounting education':
- The pass rates of our candidates exceeded the national average pass rate in the SAICA APC examinations in 2014 and 2015.
- The programme is innovative, dynamic, engaging and develops the professional and leadership skills of candidates.
- Our team of experienced academics understands the magnitude of the task ahead and is committed to the learning, development and success of our candidates.
I am confident that we will prepare you well for the SAICA APC examination in November 2017 and also equip you to make a meaningful contribution to the accounting profession and society.
Prof. Goolam Modack
Head - College of Accounting
Registrations open 9 January 2017.
Registrations close 10 April 2017.
19 weeks (excluding breaks) in a blended learning format (contact sessions and online learning), available throughout South Africa.
In order to participate in this course, Candidates will need to:
- Have current email account;
- Have acess to a computer and the internet;
- Be able to download and watch videos;
- Be able to open and read PDF documents;
- Be able to create documents in Microsoft Word; and
- Read and write in the English language.
Any course requirements that are for assessment purposes can be completed in English or Afrikaans.
Benefits of this unique online learning programme
- Our educational model is specifically designed for SAICA's new exam format
- Fully SAICA accredited
- Team of experienced UCT College of Accounting Lecturers
- Best suited study method for your busy schedule
- Avoid traffic & lecture halls. Create your own perfect time for study
- Take studying material with you, on any smartphone, tablet, or laptop. Study when it suits you!
- Support from peers studying the same material
- Post questions to experts and discuss topics through an interactive discussion forum
- Access to a Course Coach, for any administrative queries
Past Trainee Accountants' Testimonials
Our team blends academic excellence with deep industry experience
Professor Alex Watson is the Teaching and Learning coordinator for the College of Accounting, and the educational co-ordinator of the Post Graduate Diploma in Accounting (CTA-equivalent).
Professor Alex Watson
Shaun has convened our APC programme since it was introduced in 2014. Shaun is an associate professor and section head of Taxation.
Paul is a senior lecturer and section head of Managerial Accounting and Finance, as well as lecturing on UCT’s MBA Programme.
Goolam is the Head of the College of Accounting. He teaches both undergraduate and postgraduate Financial Reporting. Goolam has served as a Team Leader in the SAICA APC marking process.